New Service for Global Marine Industry
As we embark on the build of our next generation of Canadian Defense and Coast Guard
Vessels, Hillwatch Inc. of Ottawa, Ontario and McArthur Consultants Limited, of Halifax, Nova
Scotia, are pleased to announce a Strategic Alliance consulting team. This Alliance is
established to provide services to the global marine industry seeking the opportunity to work
with shipbuilders, integrators and government as a result of the National Shipbuilding
Procurement Strategy (NSPS), and commercial marine contractors.
Hillwatch Inc. (HW) and McArthur Consultants Limited (MCL) services include:
· Market representation (i.e. opportunity identification, strategic advice, co-ordination of
meetings with decision-makers,);
· Government relations as appropriate;
· Assistance with Government and Prime Contractor standards and requirements for
participation in bids;
· Assistance with Request for Proposals (RFP’s) preparation;
· Assistance and drafting of Industrial and Regional Benefits (IRB’s) plans for RFPs;
· Assistance in the identification and selection of potential IRB partners;
· Assistance in planning for Value Proposition opportunities;
· Assistance in formalizing required personnel clearances for Controlled Goods, ITAR’s
and work permits;
· Intelligence gathering on the status of NSPS and commercial projects;
· Communications and marketing advisory services.
President and CEO of MCL, Andrew McArthur, has a lifetime career in the shipbuilding industry.
Andrew has held positions as: President, Saint John Shipbuilding Limited; President and CEO,
Halifax-Dartmouth Industries Limited; President and Vice-Chairman, Irving Shipbuilding
Incorporated; and Chairman of the Shipbuilding Association of Canada. Andrew was
instrumental in the successful implementation of the National Shipbuilding Procurement
Strategy. Vice-President of MCL, Susan McArthur, has an extensive background in Supply
Chain Management and IRB’s in the marine industry, and with Irving Shipbuilding.
Michael Teeter and Scott Proudfoot of HW are highly experienced government relations
consultants who worked with Irving Shipbuilding and the Shipbuilding Association of Canada on
the successful promotion and advocacy of the NSPS concept and its implementation. HW
Principals have over 35 years of experience in government and government relations and have
worked as senior officers in the Prime Minister’s Office and for Cabinet members.
More information can be found at: www.hillwatch.com. or by contacting:
HW: Michael Teeter or Scott Proudfoot at (613) 238-
MCL: Andrew McArthur or Susan McArthur at (902) 441-
7669 or (902) 476-4861,