Our Canadian Parliamentary Issue Management Practice
Many Canadian legislative Acts have their beginnings in the persistent questions of an opposition M. P., a private member’s bill, the inquiries of a special House of Commons committee, a standing committees careful recommendations, or pressure from the government’s own caucus. All legislation works its way through the same formal legislative process; a process steeped in its own rules and traditions.
The Canadian parliamentary process is specialized, competitive, time consuming, and politically charged.
Hillwatch understands the Canadian Parliament and how it works. We provide access to expertise, experience, and established networks. Flexible services are tailored to client’s specific needs including:
- Manage Canadian bipartisan lobbying/contact programs
- Track legislative and committee proceedings
- Work with House of Commons Caucus Committees
- Prepare briefs, opening statements, Q & As and speeches
- Create coalition and grass roots mobilization campaigns
- Conduct Canadian elite surveys
- Support House of Commons and Senate committee appearances
- Provide crisis management tactics & advice
- Research Canadian legislative acts and regulations